Sat. Jun 22nd, 2024

Prashant Kishor criticizes Rahul Yatra for its unfortunate timing, likening it to a commander who doesn’t leave headquarters when his battalion is engaged in war

By HindiTechLancer Feb 2, 2024
Prashant KishorPrashant Kishor

In the discourse of Indian politics, the election strategist-turned-activist Prashant Kishor asserted the BJP’s strategic move in re-embracing Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar. According to Kishor, this maneuver aimed to dispel the perception of the INDIA bloc and deliver a substantial psychological blow to the Opposition, strategically adopting a “lose the battle to win the war” approach.

Kishor emphasized that the BJP, under Narendra Modi, is not impervious, yet the Opposition consistently misses opportunities to challenge Modi effectively.

Critically analyzing Congress leader Rahul Gandhi’s decision to embark on a yatra shortly before the polls, Kishor deemed it the “worst decision,” drawing a parallel with a military commander who shouldn’t leave headquarters during a battle. He questioned the Opposition’s formation of an alliance just nine months before the Lok Sabha elections, suggesting that such alliances should have been forged at least two years earlier.

Regarding Nitish Kumar’s return to the BJP, Kishor argued that it wasn’t solely about gaining more votes or seats; instead, it aimed to undermine the perception of the INDIA alliance. By assimilating one of the founding members of INDIA, the BJP strategically inflicted a significant blow to the Opposition. Kishor acknowledged that the BJP might lose seats in Bihar but viewed it as a calculated move to reshape the narrative.

Kishor hinted at the BJP gradually absorbing the JD(U) and speculated on Nitish Kumar’s awareness of this design. Despite Kumar’s aging and diminishing support, Kishor highlighted the BJP’s plan to carry him until his relevance wanes. Kishor emphasized that Modi is not invincible but criticized the Opposition for not capitalizing on opportunities to challenge the BJP effectively.

Expressing his views on the BJP’s vote share challenge, Kishor noted that despite the pull of Hindutva and organizational strength, the BJP has only a 38% vote share. He urged the Opposition to focus on synergy, narrative, grassroots efforts, and effective campaigns to secure the remaining 62% votes.

In his assessment of the Opposition, Kishor criticized its tardiness in forming alliances and lack of proactive engagement with the electorate. He underscored the need for a unified narrative and concerted efforts to address the welfare of the majority of Indians. Kishor expressed hope in the resilience of the have-nots, seeing them as the majority, while expressing despair at the insensitivity of the upper middle class in India towards those at the bottom of the socioeconomic pyramid.

Related Post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *